Monday, December 18, 2017


On my way outside to the backyard, parking area, of our building I saw myself in the mirror across from where I have taken a couple of pictures of my shadow (when I'm looking the other way).  I occurred to me that taking my picture of the shadow in the morning when I am coming back from
the daily visit to my friend Jim Fudge, is a good way to remind myself that I exist.  For the shadow to exist, I have to exist.  I am a real creature on a real earth.  The picture of me with the camera reflected back to me holding the camera is different from a shadow.  I can see my name, the mirror image of my name on my name tag. I went outside to the garden area and took the pictures of onions and peppers.  Life in San Diego is good.  Tomorrow the weather forecast calls for a 20 percent chance of showers, which means that there will not be much rain.  Christmas is one week from today, and the weather in San Diego/National City is anything but Christmasy.




No comments: