Sunday, December 17, 2017


How can I pick out this crow from the hundred that settle on the hillside behind our house and then settle all around in Heritage Park waiting for what?  I don't know, but I do know that I like and I trust this creature.  It sits on the rock and waits until I am standing almost beside it before it flies away.  It doesn't turn its head to look at me.  It seems to know that I am approaching.  It seems to trust me and it seems to know that I mean it no harm.  This is Sunday and it should be a day when we all mean no harm to anyone... or to anything.

I'll go by the same place tomorrow to see if I can tell this crow from the others.  I'll try to see if there is one among the hundred who will be there that knows me... that trusts me. In the little garden area there is a gray plant that I like.  Perhaps the crow sees the plant and likes it too.

  

No comments: