Wednesday, March 16, 2016



Spring is here... almost.  The hummingbirds are back.  I've noticed one darting away quickly for a couple of days when I've come down the steps to our apartment, and today I found the nest... It's on the same hanging ivy in the same place where I've had hummingbirds in other years.  I'll go back and look at photographs to see if the birds are building nests and laying their tiny eggs at the same time this year as they have other years.  I'll go back to the Blog record to see if the time is the same.

The signs of spring have always seemed the same for me, but this year I believe the warmer weather, even in San Diego, is a sure sign of a warming trend.  In San Diego we've hardly had a winter.  We've had more rain than last year and the year before, but California is still officially in a drought period.  I'll keep a close watch on the humingbird's.  Let's hope these little creatures will be in good health as the year goes along.


No comments: