Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Cali and Tommie
Running with the Pack

For three days… nights, actually… I’m enjoying the experience of being the alpha male to a 3-dog pack… well, 4-dog if I’m included in the count.  Here’s how it happens.  I’m dog-sitting with Son David’s and Son-in-law David’s Cali, Thomas, and Cookie; and before bedtime I take them out for a short run.  Back in the house we all know where we sleep.  I’ve got the big bed.  Cali has a generous pad on the floor.  Cookie and Thomas have their places.  It has happened the same way every night, so I’m assuming it’s the same routine when the Davids are home.  After everybody beds down in appropriate places and the lights are out and presumably we are all asleep, one after the other they come to the big bed.  Little Thomas lets me know he is standing beside the bed wanting to be taken up.  I pull him up, and he settles in close to my back… affectionately determined to settle in.  A couple of minutes Cookie comes in, jumps up on the bed, and snuggles under the cover below her brother.  Not even five minutes later Cali comes into the room quietly and jumps onto the foot of the bed and settles in.  I manage it by considering myself the leader of the pac, and it would be rude of me if I turned them out.

Cookie

Also today...

I rode my bike down to the waterfront before the rain came, and took pictures of a couple of my favorite sailing ships.

H.M.S Surprise

The Star of India

Life is Good!

No comments: