Wednesday, October 22, 2014


The tortoise and hare sitting on the wall in the lower left corner of my friend Tom Fagan's mural near the library up the hill from my house set exactly the mood I needed to start this day. I like the way Tom sees things.

In the early evening I went to check on a friend in the hospital and while I was sitting for a few minutes in the waiting room to be allowed into my friend's room, I talked with a fellow who is probably within a few years of my age; and he was frightened. I didn’t get his name and I probably won’t ever see him again; but he was on my mind as I drove back home from the hospital.  There’s little chance that he will ever know I was thinking of him as I got my pictures together to post on the BLOG…

A KNOT OF FEAR

A knot of fear
he said
just to the right of my heart
and down a little
sits there
heavy

not like anything in particular

no face on it
but if it had a smell
it would be of
midnight wind across a dark swamp.









No comments: