Wednesday, February 13, 2008

CHOICES... I went riding early this morning before the fog burned away and happened on a patch of poppies. The light was just right. Again I had only the small Olympus camera with me, so I felt frustrated not to have the advantage of a bigger lens. The images I got were a reminder that it's not the camera but the world captured selectively out beyond the lens that makes the picture. CHOOSING one from among two dozen images of poppies was difficult. I finally settled on white because I was stunned by the feeling of brilliant, undeniable purity of those flowers, but that still left me with the satisfying dilemma of choosing from several pictures of white ones. I narrowed it down to three and posted them here. The photo-du-jour is the one above. Click on the pictures to see them bigger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely. The petals are reminiscent of a ballet dancer's tutu.
K