Tuesday, June 23, 2015



I’ve learned that a close friend has decided to take herself off medications that are keeping her alive.  She is “sick and tire of being sick and tired.”  She has been in hospital for many months.  She wants PEACE, so she has decided that she will do nothing to keep herself going.  I understand.

My friend is someone who was born in the state where I was born; so from the day we first met, I’ve looked for and found in her the special quality that I want other people to find in me. That quality has been easy to see in her.  She knows that life is good, a celebration; and she knows that when the time for celebration is over, she doesn’t want to hang around any longer. She has told her husband and her doctors about her decision; they understand. She may live a couple of days or a couple of weeks.  I am celebrating her life today and tomorrow and the next day.  Margaret and I are heading out of town on Saturday.  My friend probably won’t be here when I get back. 

I am determined that every day I will wake up and will remember that my friend’s life has been a constant reminder that LIFE IS GOOD.


No comments: