Friday, July 21, 2017


O.K., O.K., the yellow flower is a Hibiscus, definitely not a Hydrangea.

HORSES...  Some interest has been expressed by the horses I posted a couple of days ago, so I  though I should include pictures of a couple of horses that I neglected to show earlier.  The one above  from China, which I bought when we lived in Singapore, is a striking figure.  It is bigger than any of the jade horses, and it isn't an antique... but I like it.  I don't remember seeing it in a shop and I don't remember the day I bought it.  I can only think of it as it has pranced in our houses over the years.  There is a vitality about it that must have been felt by the sculptor.  I always feel it.  Buffalo Bill and even Roy Rogers would have noticed it and would have been excited by such spiritedness.

The second horse is another that I got in Singapore.  It, too, is from China.  I like it perhaps because It seems to me to represent an animal that is approachable, and anything that is approachable is to be at least appreciated.  The first horse is slightly larger than the other.  It is fifteen inches in length and thirteen inches tall.  Both are impressive enough.  They can't be ignored.




No comments: