Thursday, December 03, 2015


ON MY WAY BACK TO THE CAR from my volunteer stint at MOPA I pretended I was from out of town and took pictures. I wondered if “people back home” could find the small sparrow in the first picture…  It flew down and settled on the root of a familiar Australian Tea Tree…tolerating me as I moved closer to it.  The second picture is a gnarly Pepper Tree that I’ve photographed other times.   The corridors of the main cluster of buildings in the center of the park are never the same from picture to picture, even if only the shadows are different.  I like the rustic bases of the light poles on Laurel Street Bridge. Someday I will be passing by after they have been freshly painted and photograph one of them and it will seem new.  The lawn bowling people seem always to be the same... classic. The Christmas tree at the Old Globe Theatre advertising The Grinch Who Stole Christmas is different from year to year…and the face on the Eucalyptus Tree closer to the place where I left the car seems different today.  I’m wondering if I’ll even notice it next week when I pass by the same place. 








No comments: