Sunday, August 30, 2015



A SENSE OF HISTORY

I looked up from where I was working this afternoon and really saw what I had seen many times… books and stuff… and a photograph from a long time ago.  I don’t know who took the picture, probably around 1965, but I came across it in a box a couple of months ago and put it on a shelf near where I write… someplace where I could see it.  Today I glanced at it and then looked more closely at the books surrounding it… and then back at the photograph.  Wow!  We were young once, and our kids were young.  The picture was taken a few years before we went off to live in Singapore… That happened in 1969… It’s altogether appropriate that some of the books on the same shelf are about history.

Today I got the other pictures from a hillside… because they reminded me of eyes staring out from a hillside on the south side of Mission Valley.  I don’t know what they are or why they are there or how long they’ve been embedded in the hillside.  I believe they are very old, maybe many millions of years old. Nearby another eye peers out from a melaleuca tree from somewhere south of the equator on the other side of the world .   

The focus of the other picture is definitely now… a bee working a flower bush on this August afternoon.  LIFE IS GOOD!


No comments: