Sunday, June 21, 2015


TAKING UP WHERE I LEFT OFF YESTERDAY…

The young man, Dylann Roof, the kid who killed nine people in South Carolina last week is one of the most pitiful, pitiable individuals I’ve come across in print and on Television in a very long time. It’s hard to work up a strong emotional response to the pictures of him peering out at the world over dark glasses, pistol dangling at his crotch, and the Confederate Flag held loosely at his left shoulder. Tomorrow I think I will give the situation more thought.  Tonight…  after reading the L.A. Times accounts of the killings at the church and the “stuff” that has been dug up about Dylann Roof’s sad Internet droppings, I can feel only… sadness… and regret… so…


…I took another picture of a favorite Melaleuca tree.  It changes day by day.  If I go back to the same spot after I come back from Europe in a couple of weeks, I will find it changed completely.  The tree will transform itself. What will Dylaan Roof have become by this time next month?

No comments: