Sunday, February 01, 2015


TOMORROW IS MARGARET’S BIRTHDAY… Number 81.  When we were young, we needed no running start to make celebrations very special events.  These days we begin celebrating at least a week before the day. On the 30th we had an intimate little supper.  Today we went to her favorite restaurant for lunch.  Tomorrow: who knows…  Margaret’s birthday is also Ground Hog Day, and almost every year her birthday and Ground Hog Day happen on Super Bowl Sunday or one or two days on one or the other side of the big game.  In America the Super Bowl game is a religious event… Ground Hog Day... not even close.  Margaret’s Birthday is just one of many special days for me to remind myself how fortunate I am that she was born. I’ve known her since we were students, and we’re still learning how to get the very most out of life.  I’m one lucky son-of-a-gun.





1 comment:

Rajesh said...

A very happy birthday to Margaret.