Thursday, June 05, 2014

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small...


O.K., you’re thinking it’s a slow news day for Jerral Miles, and he’s stalking birds again.  Well, you’re right about the stalking, but it has nothing to do with slow news.  It’s true that the U.S. of A. hasn’t invaded another country, and no other country has shot across our bow; and as far as I know, there have been no new prisoner exchanges that can raise the do-nothing Congress off their partisan butts to harp against the  President.  The fact is that I can’t ignore those amazing little creatures outside my window a few feet from where I’m sitting at my computer composing this note to go with the bird pictures.  Mamma Bird has become so accustomed to me that she doesn’t fly away when I approach.  When she flies away now, it’s to get food for herself and for the babies. The little guys don’t know when I make a clicking noise near the nest that it may not be mamma coming back with nectar, so they raise their yellow beaks and open wide.  It’s an amazing world we live in… One day last week I got the picture of the Great Blue Heron in the park near the zoo. 



No comments: