Thursday, July 26, 2012




Most days... I take several pictures... sometime many; but today I took only this one.  Thursday is my day to volunteer at the Museum of Photograph Arts in Balboa Park. The museum is just across the main pedestrian throughway from the reflecting pool in front of the Botanic building.   As I was aiming my bike in the direction of home, I noticed that one of the lotus buds rising out of the reflecting pool has bloomed fully.  I rode my bike as close as I could to the pool, maybe fifteen to twenty feet from the lotus plant, and aimed my little point-and-shoot Sony at the blossom.  I took one picture and this is what I got. 
I’ve been reading the teachings of The Buddha.  He liked lotus blossoms and the seed pods the blossoms leave when the petals have dropped.  So do I. 

No comments: