Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sometimes an image presents itself so beautifully, so perfectly, that it can barely be thought real; there is nothing a camera can do make it better.  These waxy flowers have been opening slowly for weeks on my back porch.  Sometimes words are like that.  This morning I came across a meditation by Rob Bell that needs no editing whatsoever.

"Agape doesn't love somebody because they're worthy.  Agape makes them worthy by the strength and power of its love.

Agape doesn't love somebody because they're beautiful.  Agape loves in such a way that it makes them beautiful."




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful words and photos.

Jim said...

I feel I'm looking at a Caravaggio painting. In 2010, Bill and I were fortunate to have seen a Caravaggio exhibition while in Rome. The pic with the basket instantly returned me to that day and never to be forgotten opportunity. Thanks for these gifts.

What is the name of this plant? It appears to be some succulent variety. Each pic in today's
daily is breathtaking. Yes, I have the one with the basket set as my desktop photo where it will remain for some time. So many details to enjoy.

Jerral Miles said...

Jim,
I don't know the name of the plant, but I'll definitely take a leaf or two or three and start new ones... for you.