Monday, March 19, 2012

CLICK ON THE PHOTOGRAPHS TO SEE THEM LARGER...
I went out to Cabrillo Point at the end of the day to see San Diego in the special light that floods the world just before sundown... hoping to see clearly the mountains with fresh snow. That didn't happen, but something just as good did. The clouds were spectacular. I'll probably go out again tomorrow to see if the mountains shine with snow and to see if my new friend shows up when I get there. What happened that I consider special gift was that a sparrow took a liking to me. I was just about to put my camera away when this bird no bigger than my fist hopped right over to my feet. It flew up and perched on the wall only a couple feet from me. Tomorrow I'll take bread crumbs.







2 comments:

Jennifer Schuster said...

As a fellow bird-lover, I have to share how thrilled I was today to discover a sweet little mama dove nesting quite low in a sago palm right outside our house!

Unknown said...

The sky over the city in those photos, magical. I hope the little bird is there when you return with bread crumbs.