Wednesday, November 02, 2011

I recommend... Karen Armstrong's books:
The Spiral Staircase
Buddha
Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life


Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me...

The interconnectedness of all things, especially of all living things, relates everyone directly to everything. In some partly mystical and partly very real way I am related to seven billion other people; and if I truly want the world to work the way it might work for the good of all of us, I will search for a way to avoid doing harm to anyone... I will attempt to recognize myself in every other person and will relate to every person the way I would like other people to relate to me. I must try to conduct my own life in a way that does not bring harm to anyone, even someone whom I will never meet directly.

Every wakeful step, every mindful act is the direct path to awakening. Wherever you go, there you are.

-- A teaching of Buddha



No comments: