Thursday, June 23, 2011

Yogurt, Yoga, Zen, and Artichoke's gone to seed have nothing that I can think of to do with each other, but sometimes that's just the way it is. I did the writing in a flight of fancy and later I couldn't resist the artichokes on Ed's hillside.

Making Yogurt

I was going to say
I guess because of the sound of it
that making yogurt is a yoga thing
but the more I consider it
I’m thinking it’s more zen
than yoga but either one
will do and actually one
is the appropriate noun or
should I say pronoun
something I should know
and probably did one time
when I taught English
to put bread on the table
and what a living it was
nothing to regret there
but back to one before
getting back to yogurt
I can say with confidence
that one is both noun
and pronoun now that
I think about it which
definitely isn’t necessary
to get across what I mean
by yogurt making being zen
and the importance of one
and I’m going to stop myself
right there before I get going
on and on and on and on
do you notice in passing as I did
that on is just one letter short
of one which gets me thinking
that one and one and one
aren’t one at all so there
you have it the way a mind works
when it’s in the middle of watching
the thermometer to make sure
the milk doesn’t actually boil
and then watching again to see
when it cools down to 110 degrees
so you can put the starter in
and by the way I’m not anymore
embarrassed to end a line with in
now don’t get me started about
why it is that an English teacher
retired still notices that with
and in can be two words or
one which is where we were
back up a bunch of lines ago
If you have any questions
about making yogurt just call me.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cracking up. I mean me laughing, not you....cracking up.