Monday, April 10, 2017


East Second Street in National City...  I think I know now why the people in Chula Vista and in San Diego call this place Nasty City.  Actually, National City is a good place with good people, but I have to admit that it's a place with not so many houses that could be easily fitted into La Jolla or Rancho Santa Fe. I took these pictures today not very far from the site of the old Samuel Gompers Secondary School.  The area is where "real" people live. I'm feeling glad to be among real people, and I am especially glad to find bananas growing in yards... and I am glad to be able to see another country from the streets and from the windows of my apartment... and they may grow more expensive flowers in La Jolla and in Rancho Santa Fe, but the flowers are no more beautiful there than here... and the people here... Wonderful!  This is an international place.










No comments: