Monday, December 19, 2016


GERMANY AND ANKARA TODAY:  The news tomorrow morning from Washington and New York and other great cities of the world will be about what happened today in Berlin and in Ankara. The President-elect's tweets will be quoted, and the man will be seen by the whole world as the shallow, self-serving person that he was, is now, and will continue to be for at least the next couple of months.  He doesn't act like a president of a major country. Having said what I believe to be true about Donald Trump, I must go on to say that he will be my President after he is sworn into office.

Donald Trump will get support from President Obama and his family during the transition period because they know their duty to the country demands it.  They are patriots.  The Obama family made a point of saying the Bush family helped to make the transition eight years ago a good experience for the new family moving into the White House. The Obama family will give the same kind of support to the Trumps because it is the right thing to do.  The Obama family will do the right thing.

I will look for ways to encourage friends and family to give the new President a chance to be  successful.  I will use this BLOG space to strengthen in every way I can the new President's beginning because he will be my President.  I won't give up my political views, but I will not deliberately try to pry him out of his office.  Donald Trump has an advantage that Barack Obama lacked.  He has a majority of elected leaders in the House of Representatives and in the Senate who will support him with approval that President Obama never got from them.  I won't forget that the Senate Majority Leader declared that he would not help President Obama become a successful president.  He stated that one of his goals was to keep the new President from success in office.  The Majority Leader of the House of Representatives declared that his efforts would not help the President, and the majority of the other congressmen and women of his party declared their approval of the Majority Leader's declarations of non-support for the President.  Even with deliberate opposition in the Congress, Barack Obama will go out of his two terms as President with dignity.  President Obama will go down in our history books as one of the greatest of the great presidents.

Donald Trump will need all the help we citizens can give to him, so I will try to keep my differences and disagreements with him and with his party as dignified in tone as President Obama has shown.

No comments: