Tuesday, December 13, 2016


ALL OF US EXCEPT Jacqueline and Helen...  This afternoon Margaret came in to me with a print and asked if I could make a copy to send to Alice, Pat, Bill, and Jim.  I've been going through old prints and slides from the years since the five people in this picture, including the tall guy, were in elementary and high school.  It's possible that the tall guy was in college already, but I think I was probably a senior at Live Oak High School at the time the picture was made.  Jacqueline was married with children in Louisiana, and Helen was married and living somewhere in the Bay Area with her husband who was a sailor.  I looked at the picture and thought perhaps Bill, standing in front of Alice, might object; but I decided to make copies.  Bill is perhaps the smartest of the bunch even if he looks in the photograph like someone who isn't cooking on all burners.  Anyway, the point is that I love these guys  and the absent Jacqueline and Helen, and am very proud to have been born into the same family as these beautiful people.  Life is good.

No comments: