Sunday, November 13, 2016



I'm trying to find the exact place in the sky for seeing the special moon tomorrow morning.  The local papers say it will look 14% larger than it usually seems.  It will be closest to earth than it has been in a long time and than it will be again for a long time.  I like looking out toward the West from our house.  I've taken pictures on other days and included them, but I've been thinking all day about this special moon, and I'm going to wake up early to see it set into the sea.  It will set, I think, in the area to the West shown in the next picture, but I didn't set the alarm so I could see it this morning to know where it would be tomorrow.  Clouds and early morning marine layer can be a problem, but I'll see.

Today I'm throwing in a picture of the downtown area, but I think the moon won't be in that direction.  The third picture is typical of the area, an essay all by itself.




No comments: