Saturday, February 23, 2013


What Happened? 

Walk out the door, from seventh grade to forever...
Joy of pancakes with butter, lots of butter and maple syrup,
long gone from breakfast gone from breakfasts. 

Poe watched me walk from then to now
Unable to disconnect from Annabelle Lee
who many and many and many a year ago
showed me the rhythm method of listening
Or from Miss Bowman who introduced me to passion
Going nowhere but out and on to places in the heart
Explored by Oscar and Anais but never exhausted...

Mrs. Laney wore her glasses on top of her head
I thought maybe it was an educated thing.
I never saw her wear them on her nose
like Granny who'd never been farther away from home 
than Hot Springs and knew what all women know
who've been in love and lived to see it run away.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More bark pictures... Can't have too many of those! Love them. H.T.