Wednesday, June 06, 2012




O.K., so nobody's ever heard of an epiphyllum quilt... until now.  The last epiphyllum blossom is opening today... so in celebration of a very good season I've made a digital quilt... It's epiphyllum all the way down...  Would that be epiphylli all the way down?  The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary couldn't help me... and neither did ask.com or google... and my Latin teacher long ago departed this earth... My old Cassell's New Latin Dictionary moves from Epimetheus (father of Pyrrha, son of Iapetus and brother of Prometheus) right over to epiredium (the strap by which a horse was fastened to a vehicle, which, by the way, in Arkansas we would call a trace.)... no help at all, so I'm sticking with what sounds better... Epiphyllum all the way down. Perhaps someone will suggest I've got altogether too much time on my hands, and I should get a job.

Click on the images to see them larger.

No comments: