Friday, May 25, 2012

Now don't get me wrong when I say I was reminded today
that taking the time to look even at the backside
of things is rewarding.
Click on the image.



I particularly like the emphasis in Buddhism on awakening... on being awake.  The short Buddha teaching that I like perhaps the best of all of those that I have heard is this:  “Those who stay awake live in a state of constant amazement.” 

Of course, rest and sleep are essential prerequisites for wakefulness.  I very much like the idea of sleeping deeply, which I must surely do because when I wake up in the morning, I almost always feel rested and ready to get up and get on with the day. This morning the first thing I did after I got up was check the epiphyllum to see how many blossoms were fully open... almost a dozen.  Wow!  


1 comment:

Rajesh said...

you may add.gives a better Perspective as Well.