Friday, September 15, 2017


I was out for a walk this morning... with my phone/camera, and I came across blossoms on a tree in the new park near our building.  I probably once knew the name of the tree that belongs to these flowers, but I've forgotten it.  The flower is extraordinarily beautiful, so I couldn't pass it by without taking pictures. After leaving the park and the beautiful flowers on a new tree, I came across the bunch of clean branches of a low-growing plant. I don't know the name of this plant either.  The tangle of branches reminded me of the tangle of ideas coming out of Washington, D.C., especially those coming from the White House. The president's reversals after his meeting with two Democrats left me wondering what's about to happen.  The North Korean testing of a ballistic missile and the President's saying again that there were some good people among the neo-nazis and white supremacists in the Charlottesville last month and his reluctance to acknowledge that there is anything in the weather that smacks of climate change and on and on and one he goes with language that is designed to reassure  people whose lives have been torn apart by hurricanes that they will be "all right."





No comments: