Friday, August 18, 2017


Late in the afternoon, after dinner, Margaret, Nancy, Irene and I did a little tour of the reception area at Paradise Village where we live.  The newest fountain out front looks as if it has been there forever. It was installed just a few weeks ago at the same time the new park was being prepared out back of the building where I live.  One week ago I noticed that another fountain had been installed. I like it. The picture I took inside the reception area around a fountain that has been there for as long as I have known the community was a good place to get a picture of the three good ladies.

Earlier today Nancy came to the room at The Davids' house where I was resting with THE DOGS, Cookie, Cali, and Tommy.  She took the picture.

Now a word about what is happening in Washington, D.C.  The White House continues to be in turmoil.  The only way the situation will begin to be corrected will be to get a new person in the most critical, the First Office.  Steve Bannon should never have been brought into the White House in the first place, and his being removed from his strategic role is a good move, but the trouble with the Oval Office is that the person who sits at the desk and tweets his nonsense to the world is still there.  Yesterday I was dreaming about a time when the players will all change.  I had come across a beautiful white rose, and I thought how pure and clean it is, and I was wishing the White House could be pure and clean again.  The whiteness of the rose is not what makes it pure.  The Whiteness of the house where the President of the United States was installed half a year ago is not what can make the place honest and pure. The whiteness of the rose and the whiteness of the house are symbols of the truth and the purity we expect to find in them. The person who was a two-term president and who lived and worked in the White House before the man who lives there now was a man of color, so we know the color of a person's skin doesn't determine his character. The man who is President now is proof enough that being "white" is not what makes any person pure and honest. The President's efforts to explain what he thinks America has been and is today signals clearly that he is inadequate for the job to which he was elected.

We shall see in the next few weeks that President Trump cannot become adequate for the job to which he was elected.  He has had enough time and many opportunities to demonstrate that he can correct his mistakes, and he fails in every new situation to show that he can learn from mistakes.  He is a flawed personality.  I pity him, and I am sorry he is inadequate for the job. My country needs a president who can do the job... This man can't.








No comments: