Sunday, May 21, 2017


Yesterday I wrote about the Jacaranda trees blooming in San Diego, so today after Margaret and I had been to a San Diego Symphony Orchestra concert, we walked back to the car and I noticed that Fifth
Avenue was lined with Jacaranda trees in full bloom.  I thought how great it is to live in a place where trees bloom where they can be seen by everybody.  Near where I parked the car a Hibiscus Tree was blooming.  Wow! Hibiscus Tree... Beautiful.

About the symphony:  Charles Dutoit conducted the orchestra...  Truly amazing conductor... He conducted the large orchestra the way a single musician plays an instrument.  The first piece was short but very beautiful: The Overture to Prometheus; followed by a Mozart violin concerto with a soloist; and after the intermission a piece of music that maybe is my favorite of all times: Igor Stravinsky Petrushka... complex but Dutoit had the orchestra and the audience in his hand.  Wonderful!  The last piece was a Ravel piece.  Also wonderful.  Life is good.






No comments: