Saturday, March 04, 2017


This BLOG entry, compliments of the New Yorker magazine, says whatever you want it to say.  This one makes me wish I had kept the first issue in March from all the years since I began getting the magazine.  When I first took this one out of my mailbox yesterday, I thought something was wrong.  The more I thought about it, the more I knew it was very right.  The New Yorker is right again.

Margaret, Nancy, and I went to a wonderful San Diego Symphony concert last evening that had on its program compositions by my two favorite composers: Shostakovich and Beethoven.  The Violin Concerto No. 1 in A minor by Dmitri Shostakovich with Augustin Hadelich the featured violinist was perfect and got the biggest audience response I can remember from many years of attending the symphony performances.  Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 in C minor was as good as Beethoven gets. If you live in or near San Diego, get down to Symphony Hal for tonight's or tomorrow's performances.
You won't be sorry.

No comments: