Sunday, November 27, 2016


Watching the rain storms come in to the San Diego Area…  What we see looking West from our apartment is so different from what we saw looking out of our apartment above Mission Valley.  The sky there was only what we could see from stooping low to the floor at the windows facing south.  We had to go outside to face West, and the sky there was a small patch of clouds or clear sky.  Here the sky is a dome… a big wide dome. I am aware here of storm coming in from the West.  I can see the rain out there a long way off.  Today and yesterday the city disappeared and several minutes later rain came to the part of National City where we live. What one sees from where one lives determines what one thinks of the world.  What I see from where I sit in the house that is home becomes quickly a metaphor for the way the world is for me. I must remind myself that just because I can’t see the tents and sleeping bags clustered on the streets when I look at the San Diego skyline doesn’t mean the homeless don’t exist there.








No comments: