Thursday, November 10, 2016


Thursday Afternoon... I came out of MOPA where I did my weekly volunteer afternoon, and although I've taken photographs of the House of Botany and used them many times before today as pictures for the day, I found the building to be especially beautiful on the afternoon.  The Datura plant in the corner in front of the palms is typical of San Diego's fall greenness.  The lighter colored palms at the far end of the building are stunning at any time of the year... They were especially beautiful today.

Several times during the day today I made a special attempt to try to feel as if my country will be handled with care by the President Elect, but I have a hard time getting out of my thinking his meanness and the harshness of his words.  Of course, he is trying to make the effort to be different, and all of us Americans must give him a chance to be softer and gentler.  It is a difficult task for ordinary citizens to forget and forgive his pre-election rhetoric... but we must try and we must succeed in our effort to forget the old Donald Trump. I am proud of President Obama.  He is doing exactly what he should do with the man who will come into his office. He says the appropriate words.  He avoids reminding the man he welcomed into his office today of the meanness of his pre-election rhetoric. Tomorrow I will think and write about something else.


No comments: