Tuesday, November 15, 2016



Before the sun came up over the majestic mountains to the East of National City, the Super Moon headed into the marine layer of the Pacific Ocean at San Diego.  From National city I began watching the big moon at 5:30 am.  By 6:30 am it was getting so close to the cloud bank that I knew I had to get a picture then or lose the opportunity.  It disappeared ten minutes later, but I got the pictures here before it dropped behind the clouds.  Somewhere in a box I have a filter for just such a time at this, but I think the box is still at the old apartment.  So I got out my little Sony point-and-shoot camera and managed these photographs.  The Super Moon is happening three times in this century.  The first time was in 1948 when I was thirteen years old.   The next time will be the year 2034 when I will be 99 years old. Wow!  Life is good.

A super moon appears 14% larger than the full moon at its apogee.




No comments: