Thursday, October 27, 2016


The bird of paradise flower has become even more important to Margaret and to me because we live in paradise Valley in a retirement village called Paradise Village.  I was wondering today who this little bee was going after in a flower at the back entrance to the building that is our home.  Whatever it is he/she is after, I approve.  It's a good choice.

I rode into Balboa Park this afternoon on my bicycle.  I'll never tire of the big African tree in the big planter at the entrance to Laural Street Bridge...and I'll never get tired of parking my bicycle at the reflecting pond...and in the last picture, did you notice the old man playing the violin.  How can anybody grow tired of this beautiful place.

I went later to the University of San Diego's Joan Crock Center for Peace and Justice to hear the new Chaldean Archbishop from Irbil tell why it is important for Christians to use forgiveness as the place to begin with any people under any circumstances in trying to find peace.  Begin, he said, with people who are not like  you.  Good advice.






No comments: