Thursday, October 06, 2016


I went for a walk this afternoon... Having taken several pictures from our fourth floor balcony, I thought it would be a good idea to see how it looks from the outside.  Find the flag on the first floor and go up to the top floor balcony.  That's ours.  I went back home from my walk-about and read the familiar statement by Sophocles that some of  you will recognize as familiar.

"You should not let all expectation of good be worn away.  Nothing painless the all-accomplishing King dispenses for mortal man; but grief and joy come circling to all, like the turning paths of the Bear among the stars.  The shimmering night does not stay for men, nor does calamity, nor wealth.  But swiftly they are gone, and for another man it comes--to know joy and its loss."
                                                                                                    -- Sophocles

...So I think I can get beyond election day, no matter what happens.





No comments: