Tuesday, October 18, 2016


Arriving at Charlotteown, Prince Edward Island, at seven o’clock in the morning, I got up and went up on the top deck in the early morning cold while it was still dark. The city was becoming alive, and I watched as the big ship moved alongside the deck and stopped just short of what must be a research ship, the Issac Newton, which was tied up at the dock.  I wonder what kind of research the big ship does and if it is connected with a Canadian university. I could see what must be a below-surface smaller vessel on board that ship.  We live in an amazing time.

After Breakfast, Margaret, Nancy and I spent the morning exploring Charlottetown.  This is a town full of old houses that look as if they can stand through bitter winters.  Some of the Victorian houses are more than two hundred years old. Anne of Green Gables was imagined near here, and in the reception center at the harbor a young girl dressed as Anne stood beside Royal Canadian Policeman inviting us to take pictures. At a shop called “Cows” we had the best ice cream I’ve tasted in a long time. 








No comments: