Friday, September 30, 2016


Life Goes On Beautifully:  Today at our new community, a birthday party was staged for a woman who celebrates her 102 birthday today.  Early in the day, a man reported to the receptionist that he was having his 102nd birthday within a few days.  He was included in the celebration, but the party was for Vespa.  Having just celebrated my eighty-first birthday with my family in a very private dinner party, I enjoyed seeing what another twenty years will do to me; and I can report that the news is good.  Both of these people are holding up well.  Vespa plays piano beautifully, and as a tribute to her, all of us in the community were given the opportunity to join together to establish a Vespa Fund to provide scholarships for youngsters in a school nearby. I don't know how much money was raised, but enough was in the fund to pay tuition for two students to have private lessons for the present school year; and there will be a fund available other years to pay tuition for more students.

So I went away from the party thinking being older isn't so bad... In fact, it's so much better than the alternative, that I'm feeling celebratory. Life is good!




No comments: