Friday, September 16, 2016


EXPLORING:  The new neighborhood, as it happens, is a lot like the one surrounding Camino Degrazia on the other side of town.  The inside of the new apartment has the familiar sense of home.  Today I put some paintings and other stuff on the walls.  The same familiar bowl with apples and bananas that were bought at Vallarta food market down the street looks exactly like all the bowls of apples and bananas from all the years of my life.  A stroll around 6th Avenue could be a stroll around Ulric Street or Camino Degrazia Street.  The yellow leaves seem the same here. The lesson that is becoming clearer as the days roll by is that all the world is the same.  But I saw the images in the newspapers and on television newscasts, and I know all the world is not the same.  I am not suffering and people in many other places in the world suffer all the time. I’ve got to find something to do about the suffering.  Ignoring the suffering even when the bananas, and apples and yellow leaves are the same isn’t an option.  


No comments: