Monday, August 08, 2016


Today Donald Trump tried to recover his failing campaign.  His attempt didn’t work.  I listened to his speech after a day of reading about changes that Americans can expect by 2025 and a day after Margaret and I took a ride in the new Tesla automobile that our friends Larry and Mary Beth Dirksen drove to church yesterday.   That car is a confirmation of the opinions about how fast things are changing.  Larry drove out onto Interstate 8, headed toward El Cajon, and let the car drive itself until we got to the place on the highway where we turned and returned to San Diego.  Wow!  I’m still in shock.  I’d read that the car “knows” to stay in the lane, “knows” not to get too close to the car in front of it, and “knows” all kinds of information about the road and about itself and about other cars on the road.  I don't doubt what I read about how fast the world is changing.  I have only to look back at the decade behind us to know the world Donald Trump describes in his “Make America Great Again” has gone by already.  Today when I heard his speech, I realized the America he wants to take us back to doesn’t exist anymore. 
What I am going to do before voting against The Trump in November, and what I am going to do as I move into the future is to continue to look at the natural world and to take pictures of what is beautiful in it.  For a camera to take today’s BLOG pictures I used my phone.  It wasn’t more than a decade ago that phones, which practically everybody above the age of ten owns and carries around, were first available in stores.  If the next president serves an eight-year term of office, what will the world be like at the time the next person goes to serve us in the White House? It certainly isn’t the world described in the speeches of Donald Trump.









No comments: