Monday, May 02, 2016


Spring:  I keep noticing that blossoms are blooming more quickly and are a deeper color than usual.  It must be caused by the climate change that scientists are talking about and politicians whom I don’t respect are denying.  The bougainvillea in our backyard is always beautiful from the first blossoms in spring until the last ones in winter… but this year it is exceptionally red, a deeper red than I remember its being in other years.  The eucalyptus that peels every year is in the middle of the process.  I am wondering if eucalyptus trees in Australia are shedding their skins now, or will they wait until the beginning of spring there.  I also wonder if I would be as fascinated by the eucalyptus trees if I were living in Australia.  The bright orange blossom in the yard is brilliant this year.  The hummingbird that sits on the nest on our porch most of the time likes these bright orange flowers. The bird seems to know me.  She doesn’t fly away when I come close to the nest.  







No comments: