Monday, May 30, 2016


MONDAY:  O.K., O.K, ENOUGH ALREADY…  Either the Google source of information can’t be trusted, or these birds have adopted (or accepted our adoption)us.  All morning the Mother has been making two or three trips every hour out to gather food for her chicks.  She knows I am standing by with the camera.  She flies to a foot in front of me, looks at me, and then flies off to get more food.  

The older chick has been testing its wings all morning.  It stands on the edge of the nest and practices flying without going anywhere.  I expect to come to the nest sometime this afternoon and finding it empty or with one chick left in it.  All over the ground near the nest there is Rosemary growing and blooming.  I’m trying to be on hand for the leave-taking.  I’m wondering if the new Hummingbird will spend some time on the Rosemary near the nest.  Of course, I will worry.  It’s a big world out there.

Midday… the older sibling has gone...a few minutes before I found the younger chick in the nest alone.  I’m sorry I missed the leave-taking of the older bird.





No comments: