Thursday, April 07, 2016


Watching and photographing the tulips was a week-and-a-half exercise.  Now I am back to the old routine of carrying a camera around and taking pictures of whatever in my environment grabs my interest.  Today in San Diego we had rain, and the bottlebrush trees glisten in rain. I wandered around our neighborhood and got pictures of a rainy day, an unusual condition for San Diego.  The Newspaper this morning listed the record rains in past Aprils.  The winner was the 1926 April with 5.37 inches of rain.  I've watched tulips for more than a week.  Now I'll watch the weather for this month to see if we can beat 1926.  

Today a baby hummingbird shivers in the dampness, but it is breathing.  I haven't seen the mother bird for several days.  The bougainvilla shrubs are spectacular this year.  I don't know the name of the pink flower that dropped onto a rain-speckled shrub near our stairs, but I like it very much.  It blooms on a tree in front of our apartment.  I didn't walk far, but I couldn't resist the damp melaleuca.We'll see what happens to it when we get more rain tomorrow... and Monday when a big rain is expected.  








No comments: