Saturday, March 19, 2016


A WALK IN THE PARK


In the past couple of days I have become aware that the trees in Balboa Park provide much more than pleasant atmosphere… much more than shade and shadows.  I read and posted on this BLOG a couple of days ago the message on a small sign inside the Morton Bay Fig Tree enclosure. "Every plant gives a yearly gift of monetary value to the visitors to the park, and to the entire area."

I’ve always liked trees, but I am now even more grateful to them… and I feel more protective of them.  Many of the trees in the park have been defaced by people.  So-and-so loves So-and-so... and I want to believe the people carving their initials in a tree to declare their love don’t understand the damage they are doing… 

This afternoon I attended a burial service for my Neighbor Dave Leadingham.  The memorial service was set in a green, very arboreal place…  Exactly right for this blog writing. 










No comments: