Tuesday, January 26, 2016


The Iowa Caucuses, the first step (actually not the first step… the first step was the months of television campaigning), is slated for Monday, February 1.  As I understand it, the Iowa caucus is the first of four steps toward selecting delegates to attend the Democratic and Republican national conventions.  Precinct caucuses send delegates to the county convention, which sends delegates to the district convention, which sends delegates to the state convention, which decides which delegates to the national conventions where each political party selects it’s candidate for the 2016 Presidential election.  The Iowa Caucuses’ decisions may not determine who will be the representatives elected finally for the general election in November, but the persons proposed in Iowa will have been given a huge  boast for the general election.  

Since a bit of a personal health crises in the middle of last year, I have kept my blog writing non-focused and aimed at non-political subjects; but I can’t hold back any longer. I have grumbled about Donald Trump’s antics, and I have grinned and born other Republican candidates with as much grace as possible.  With the Iowa Causes coming up next week, I break my fast from politics. I admit to my own ignorance about the caucus procedure; so I’ll be learning in the next few days.  


In the meantime… bicycling.  I rode out to Ocean Beach this morning and back home again.  It was a longer bicycle ride than I’ve been doing a couple of times each week…  so I feel as if I am back again to the routine that I had for years of retirement. As I learn about caucuses, I’ll be back to ranting about both parties.









No comments: