Friday, January 08, 2016


Early this morning I thought it might be possible to get “snow” pictures behind the San Diego skyline… but the haze kept it from happening.  Margaret went with me to Cabrillo Lighthouse and to the seaside below the old lighthouse.  Even though I didn’t get snow pictures, the surf and the entire region was worth the drive out to the end of Point Loma and of San Diego.  We live in a beautiful part of the world.  I can imagine what the early settlers thought when they saw the area.  I feel some sadness when I think of the Native Americans who saw the Europeans sail into the harbor.  Could they have known that the area would be overrun by people from all over the world, leaving Native Americans to try to fit into new patterns.  Some of you will recognize the last picture of worn, wooden steps leading down to the big rock, and then on down, when the tide is lowest, to the tidal pools where children can discover the wonders of the sea in the San Diego area. This morning the tide was highest when we were there, and we stayed near the top of the tidal pool areas.  





No comments: