Monday, December 28, 2015


Start the day right... THE CHRISTMAS MOON was full for the first time in almost three decades... Today it's a waning moon, hiding behind whips clouds coming into a beautiful, blue sky ahead of a late afternoon, early night rain. I got the moon and all the pictures today with my cell phone camera...
I stopped for the bay pictures on the way back from taking John and Carol Baker to the airport for their big trip to Antartica. The afternoon was a treat for me: the children of my friends from Gomper's Secondary School... almost grown up... made my visit to the San Diego Zoo a wonderful experience. I watched Nikko, from Anchorage, in the play area of the zoo going round and round on a special instrument... I expected him to stumble drunkenly after jumping off...  He didn't miss a beat... jumped off and walked, not stumbled, to another play machine in the area.

I couldn't resist aiming my cell phone camera in the direction of two of the zoo's vipers: a rattle snake from the California desert and a poisonous snake that hangs around cocoa and coffee trees.








No comments: