Monday, December 07, 2015


Our Friend Phyllis Friedricks died this afternoon.  She was one hundred and one years old. Amazing woman.  Amazing friend.  She suffered a stroke yesterday afternoon.

When I got back home from a bike ride, I learned that Phyllis had died.  Then I turned on the T.V. and heard that Donald Trump has called for a ban on all Muslim travel to the U.S.  Wow! That, too, is amazing.  Many Americans are withdrawing into themselves in fear because they have identified in their thinking that Muslims are America's enemies. They are wrong.  They don't know what it means to be Muslim or Christian or Jewish or Buddhist or, or or.   This is a strange time for all kinds of reasons.  Thank Goodness we have eleven months until we actually elect another person to be president of this country.  There will be enough time for the Trump effect to implode.

While I was out on my bike, I came across a single shoe again… this time it was on Friars Road…  Amazing and fitting.


No comments: