Thursday, October 29, 2015


Ourside the bedroom window this morning a spider I’ve known since last year about this time was showing off.  Actually it may be the offspring of a spider I’ve known since last year.  I’ve seen a spider like this one near the front of the house… maybe that was two years ago.  This one is in the same spot where I got acquainted with it last year. I adjusted the camera so it could get the close-up without losing detail. This spider is at least two inches in diameter. When I got to the computer with the image I thought to make a negative it… then a black and white image.  I was wishing I could show it to the creature hanging outside the window.  


After lunch I went off to my volunteer job in Balboa Park at the Museum of Photographic Arts.  I stopped at the Zoro Garden wishing I could bring the spider to this place.  The Zoro Garden was a nudist colony when Balboa Park was first developed.  I don’t know if the big Ficus trees with impressive  roots have been in the same spot for the hundred years since the Park opened.  I’ve lifted my camera probably at least a hundred times in the same spot outside the entrance to the building where MOPA is located. I never get tired of the timelessness of Balboa Park.





No comments: