Tuesday, September 22, 2015



POOLS OF LIGHT

Under a cloud canopy that hinted of rain I headed out toward the ocean on my bike this morning.  As I got closer to the river and to the bike path that extends all the way out to the Pacific I thought again how beautiful the world is…  how full of promise the pools of light seem, with the river under a cloudy sky… how full of promise of good for all mankind it seems for the last few miles before it flows into the ocean.  

Today I’ve watched on television as the plane carrying Pope Francis landed in the U.S.  I saw The President and his family greet The Pope, and I watched as The Pope got into a small Italian Fiat and drove away toward Washington, D.C.  Tomorrow we will see if American lawmakers behave themselves. Now sitting at my computer with my late friend Ben Christensen’s favorite saying “God is the Good in Humankind” penciled onto a page in front of me, I am convinced that peace is possible on earth.









No comments: