Friday, August 28, 2015


Went out walking in my neighborhood this afternoon, and found pictures worth keeping.  I don't know if that bird is a catbird, but I do know a catbird seat when I see one.  I also know the eucalyptus is the chameleon of trees... changes daily.  I couldn't resist taking this one out of its environment, suspending it, and surrounding it with blackness...  Then I found a bee busy at work in the middle of a bottle brush blossom near where I park my little green car. The bee ignored me.  The security guy who patrols our community during the day came over to see what I had found in the bottle brush tree. He is accustomed to seeing me poking around in bushes and aiming my camera at trees.  Good guy... When I got back home, I took a black and white photograph of what we would call in Arkansas our "front room." I thought black and white was appropriate remembering the importance of "front rooms" when there has been a death in the family.  I took Ed and Sam to the airport this morning for their sad trip to Detroit.  Their Dad died... and I am reminded that death is part of being alive, and that LIFE IS GOOD.








No comments: