Saturday, May 23, 2015


I know a cat who lives between two buildings in my condominium community.  I also know that a feral cat is one that has returned to the wild after it has been domesticated; so I confess that I don’t know if this cat that hangs around our neighborhood is feral or not.  I don’t know if it has been lost or abandoned and is merely a stray cat.  It is my understanding that feral cats have never been socialized.  That almost fits the description of the cat that I know… the one that lives close to a couple of the buildings in my community.


The thing that perplexes me is that this cat never lets me get close to it.  I have tried to walk up quietly to where it seems to be sleeping; and just as I get within six feet of where it lies, it looks at me and moves away… usually far away.  

No comments: